If you would like your dog to become a Canine Good Citizen, we can help with good citizen dog training. Below is the list of the 10 tasks a dog needs to perform to pass the test:
- Meeting Friendly New People. Your dog will be expected to sit or stand calmly while you stop and speak to a stranger.
- A Pat on the Head. Your dog must sit or stand while a stranger pets it.
- A Trip to the Veterinarian/Groomer. Your dog must permit a stranger to brush it and examine its paws and ears.
- A Walk in the Park. Your dog will be asked to walk with you on a loose leash, including turning left, right and around and coming to a stop.
- A Walk in a Crowd. Your dog must show it is at ease while you walk it in a crowd.
- Staying Put. Your dog must perform a sit and/or down and then remain in place while you walk away from it.
- Answering A Call. Your dog must come when you command.
- Dog to Dog. When meeting another dog, your dog must show only casual interest.
- Accepting the Unexpected. Your dog must not panic when confronted by common distractions, such as a loud noise or a passing jogger.
- Dog-Sitters Welcome. Your dog should behave when a friendly stranger takes its leash and you disappear for three minutes.
Transform Your Dog with Good Citizen Dog Training
Our customized dog training program will teach your furry friend how to follow basic commands and exhibit good behavior in all types of situations. Let us help you make your pup the best they can be!
Contact Perfect Manners Doggy Training near Naperville today to enroll in our Canine Good Citizen training program.